Signs that your body needs a detox
We are fortunate enough to have bodies that can absolutely adapt to anything!! Ranging from eating complete junk foods to adhering to healthy eating!
What really matters is how does the body really adapt to any of these??
Poor nutrition results in a buildup of toxins that slow the body down. A quick fix attempt to rectify the situation would include ingestion of sugar or stimulants to give an energy boost. But these only worsen the situation. Stable and good energy levels can only be achieved by removing toxins from the body and increasing the intake of the right nutrients in the right quantity. Good energy levels are the byproduct of optimal health.
The usual signs that show the body needs to get rid of the toxins are :
- Fatigue: indulging in wrong foods, like refined, processed and junk can rob the body of the essential nutrients needed by the body for optimal functioning and result in a built-up of toxins giving rise to symptoms like lethargy or fatigue.
- Sluggishness: the body tends to slow down with the consumption of empty calories ( no nutrients ).
- Feeling sleepy most of the time: the above two usually tend to make you want to sleep more than required.
- Inability to exercise: A slow lethargic body can seldom be able to exercise regularly.
- Prone to frequent infections like cold: As soon as the body is deprived of the right nutrients and filled with toxins, it compromises its immunity and the body catches infections very quickly
- Indigestion: Eating unhealthy can lead to the accumulation of toxins in the body and depriving the body of good flora leading to indigestion and bloating.
- Bad mood swings: Lack of the right nutrients in the body and eating processed foods results in unstable sugar levels which lead to mood swings making you feel depressed or unhappy. Eating correctly goes a long way in helping you feel better.
- Lack of focus: Eating junk and processed foods accumulating toxins in the body can lead to feeling confused or create a lack of focus or leave you less motivated to your goals.
- Acne: An unhealthy stomach environment usually results in breakouts telling the body is filled with toxins.
The important thing is to understand how a detox plan can help the body perform better and prevent or battle the above signs.
When toxins build up in the body, the cellular environment is poisoned. Energy declines resulting in degenerative diseases. Detoxifying requires nutritional teamwork. The right nutrients in the right quantities ensure the right balance. Otherwise, the body cannot keep itself cleansed of toxins and run optimally.
Detox Guidelines :
- Limit the consumption of foods grown with pesticides.
- Eliminate toxic fats such as margarine and fried foods. Lowers the immune function resulting in lowered energy levels
- Avoid Stimulants like caffeine. it depletes valuable minerals needed for energy and stresses adrenal glands worsening fatigue
- Avoid sugar. Causes imbalance sugar levels and results in fatigue
- Avoid foods that are allergic or intolerant to. It causes the body to go through a whole lot of stress depriving it of good energy levels.
- Avoid refined foods like white flour.
- Limit the use of unnecessary medications. Go as natural as possible.
- Quit smoking and avoid second-hand smoke
- Indulge in fresh fruits that are low GI such as apple, pear, orange, and papaya
- Consume whole grains, lean protein, good fats, and adequate fiber and water
- Consume vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, and amino acids in optimal amounts
- Good sunshine
- Consume fresh vegetable juices
- Keep the body well hydrated
- Exercise regularly. It stimulates the lymph system to be able to remove the toxins well.
- Stress management: Practice yoga or meditation
- The loose unwanted fat percentage
- Eat fermented foods such as fermented veggies such as cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, kimchi, homemade curd, and kefir. These foods are probiotic in nature ( loaded with beneficial bacteria) and help with intestinal health.
- Eat foods that feed the friendly bugs in the intestine. Choose foods rich in fiber, also called prebiotics such as whole grains, high fiber fruits, and veggies including oat, barley, brown rice, asparagus, leek, onion, garlic, avocado, and jeruselum artichoke.
- Eat liver boosting foods. The liver along with the gut is a natural detox organ. Include green, apple, pear, orange, blueberries, and flax. A great way is to indulge in a green fruit smoothie and can add some protein powder to it.
Detoxifying the body to increase energy levels and enhance health requires time and patience. It takes time to bring back the body into a healthy mode, however, it’s worth a wait.